We know that sometimes you get your greatest inspiration with a simple quick tip. Every week on Twitter we make sure to send out one log home or timber home design tip or idea, just to get your juices flowing. If you are not following us on Twitter or missed one of our messages, here are some of our favorite tips so far, in 140 characters or less:
1. Incorporating rustic siding into your timber frame or log home is a great way to add character to your design.
2. Site conditions such as: accessibility, slope, snow load & availability of services will affect the turnkey cost.
3. The best thing to insure the longevity of wood in your log home is to properly treat and maintain it.
4. In the kitchen utilize lazy susans to make potentially wasted corners fully functional.
5. Closing curtains and blinds can reduce the amount of heat that passes into your home by as much as 45 percent.
6. A focal point, such as a fireplace, anchors the living room and helps draw you into the space.
7. One of the biggest factors adding unexpected costs of construction to your log home is the slope of the lot.
8. Green building is more than selecting green materials for your home it begins with thoughtful design and planning.
9. A basement is an inexpensive way to add more living space to your design.
10. Incorporating a carriage house into your log or timber home design allows you to build in stages.
To make sure you keep up to date with everything that is going on, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @PCLog_Homes.