Helping You Find the Best Builder for Your Project
Builder Due Diligence™
As part of BuilderSelect™, your expert PrecisionCraft Project Manager will identify potential builders in your area and evaluate them, based on the following:
- Time: Does the availability of the builder meet your desired schedule? Is the builder being realistic about your schedule?
- Cost: Does the builder’s bid accurately reflect the work required in the construction document? See below for more details.
- Quality: Does the builder have a reputation for quality work? Does this builder’s style match your project needs?
Helping You Get the Best Bid
When builders know they are competing for your business, and that their bids are being reviewed by a knowledgeable Project Manager, you can be assured of getting their best bid.
Builder Bid Evaluations
Our two-step cost estimating process starts with an In-Depth Cost Estimate based on your construction documents, and done by your Precision Craft Project Manager, and ends with a Final Control Estimate prepared by your Chosen Builder.
- Creation of Your In-Depth Cost Estimate: Based on your construction documents, your Precision Craft Project Manager refines your Home Cost Estimate.
- Requesting the Bids: We will send each of the prospective builders identified during the Builder Due Diligence™ process a copy of your construction documents and a formal request for bid.
- Your Project Manger Reviews Bids: Bids are received and then compared to our baseline Home Cost Estimate. This includes making sure that each of your builder candidates are providing bids for similar materials and services.
- Presentation of the Bids: Your Project Manager will compile all the bids and present them to you in a clear and easy-to-understand way. Differences are notated so you can understand why one is more or less costly than another.
- You Select a Builder: Based on these bids and the Builder Due Diligence™ information compiled by your Precision Craft Project Manager, you will select a builder. The bid provided by this builder, becomes your Cost Control Estimate.
During the Pre-Construction phase of BuilderSelect™, your Precision Craft Project Manager uses their expertise to conduct comprehensive builder evaluations, which ensure the custom home of your dreams meets your budget, and that the fee you will pay your selected builder is in line with the industry.